Monday, December 13, 2010

I am an average middle aged post child rearing mother and housewife. I am a free thinker and a rationalist, whatever that is. I am fiercely interested in current events and think that a person who is willfully uninformed, or to have opinions base entirely on emotion rather than truth and fact is in fact someone I do not understand or sympathize with in the slightest degree. I would even go so far as to say I detest them in no uncertain terms.

I have many people who I respect and admire that meet my particular criteria for someone worthy of my respect. One of those people is Tim Minchin, a comedian and musician of unsurpassed wit humour, intelligence and rationality, who's success I am rabidly following with great interest. If you are an atheist I STRONGLY suggest you check him out on Youtube or his official homepage located HERE . Since the Christmas season is upon us look for his beautifully sentimental offering "White Wine in the Sun" for the holiday season which should sum up an atheists view of Christmas quite nicely and can help explain to the theists among us why we bother to mark the seasonal holiday. Just so you know Tim is donating 50% of the proceedings from the purchase of this song from itunes, to autism research.




No comments: